JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Faith is Yes to God

Faith is Yes to God

“Sir, “answered the official, ‘Come down before my child dies.’ ‘Go home,’ said Jesus ‘your son will live.’  The man believed what Jesus had said and started on his way; and while he was still on the journey back his servants met him with the news that his boy was alive.”  (John 4: 50 – 51)


What is faith?  “The man believed what Jesus had said and “started on his way.”  Faith is believing in God’s word and acting on that belief.

What is God saying to me today on my most urgent desires?  On health, I hear him saying to me:  “By my stripes you are healed.”  (Isaiah 53: 5)  On my project, he says:  “Yahweh himself will lead you; he will be with you; he will not fail you or desert you.  Have no fear, do not be alarmed.”  Deuteronomy 31: 8) NJB

Do I believe these words of God?  Lord I believe, strengthen my faith.

The court official believed in the word of Jesus and acted:  “He started on his way.”  How do I act on God’s word to me?  How do I “start on my way?”  I pursue my dream everyday.  “Be patient and wait for the Lord to act.”  (Psalm 37:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2