JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, February 03, 2006

The Flesh that is given for the world

The Flesh that is given for the world

“I am the living bread which has come down from heaven.  Anyone who eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is my flesh, for the life of the world.”  (John 6: 51)

Jesus Christ is the living bread.  The word of God is a living word.  The living bread gives eternal life.  The living word gives also eternal life.  The living bread is the flesh of Christ given for the life of the world.  The life that is spoken of here is the spiritual life, the life of the soul.  The soul is immortal.  

Lord Jesus, I believe that you give me your flesh in the Eucharist as my food.  You said it and your word is true.  I also believe that I have eternal life here and now because I believe your word.  Lord, I need a strong faith.  Give this to me, dear Jesus.  Then I can share this faith with others and fulfill your purpose for my life.  May I grow in you every time I come to your holy table.  Lord, I also pray that you multiply for me the number of times I come to the Eucharist.  Make me deeply grateful for this gift.  I ask for all this in your name Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2