JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Birthing Process

The Birthing Process

“I tell you most solemnly, you will be weeping and wailing while the world will rejoice; you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn to joy.  A woman in child birth suffers, because her time has come; but when she has given birth to the child she forgets the suffering in her joy that a man has been born into the world.”  (John 16: 20-21)

I wrote the reflection below on the above scripture in 1996 during my Desert experience:

“What does this scripture say to me today?  I relate it to my present condition and I find it a great encouragement from Christ, my Lord.  I weep and wail today while some of my friends in the world are rejoicing.  I am also sorrowful and bewildered.  Jesus is saying to me today that this sorrow will turn into joy and I believe him.  Thank you Jesus.  He also compares my present situation to a woman in childbirth.  The process of birthing or transformation is taking place in me.  The old me is dying.  This is painful and the cause of the weeping, wailing and sorrow.  But this necessary process and stage will not last forever.  After the rain comes the sunshine.  After the test, the testimony.  The cross must precede the crown.  Lord Jesus, I believe in your word.  I can see my crown even now.”

Ten years have gone by since I wrote the above.  What is my testimony today?  Very simple!  Jesus Christ is faithful yesterday, today and forever.  The Desert experience and the birthing process are over.  But the pilgrimage continues.  I can sincerely sing with Mary:  
“My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.
He has helped Israel his servant,
remembering his mercy,
according to his promise to our fathers,
to Abraham, and to his descendants forever.”(Luke 1: 46-47; 54-5.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2