JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, October 27, 2006

The Power Within

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria, to the ends of the earth." (Acts 1: 8)

We have from Christ Jesus the power and authority to be his witnesses. (Acts 1: 8) This power and authority is not limited to witnessing but extends to overcoming evils in our lives. The first step in overcoming evil is to say No unequivocally to suggestions of sin. We have the power and authority to become overcomers and winners.

About ten years ago, I prayed constantly for an entire year to feel this power and authority in my life. One day, I heard from a homily that the power and authority that I prayed for was already there but dormant, waiting to be activated. Why have I not realized this truth? How can I exercise faith in the power of Christ within me? Lord Jesus, teach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2