JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Acceptable time

"In an acceptable time I heard you, on the day of salvation I helped you.' Behold, now is a very acceptable time; behold, now is the day of salvation." (2 Corinthians 6:2)

When is God's acceptable time for me? When is God's day of salvation for me?

The Church believes that Lent is the acceptable time of 2 Corinthians 6:2. Lent is indeed the acceptable time of God's favor for me. I have been blessed and spiritually enriched during many Lenten seasons. Once upon a time, I was a smoker. I did everything to quit but in vain. Then just before the beginning of Lent in 1988, I decided to forego smoking on Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. My intention was to fast from smoking only for that day. But God healed me from smoking from that day. The desire dried up immediately. It is a miracle I cannot forget. After this event, it took some years for me to realize that Lent is a very acceptable time for God's favors.

If we seek God through prayer, fasting and almsgiving during Lent, we can be sure that our prayers will be answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2