JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, December 31, 2007

Redemption from sin2


"O my Lord, God great and to be feared, you keep the covenant and show faithful love towards those who love you and who observed your commandments: we have sinned, we have done wrong, we have acted wickedly, we have betrayed your commandments and rulings and turned away from them." (Daniel 9: 4-5)

In the Lent of 1999, I confided the reflection below to my journal on the above scripture.

"Paraphrase what God is saying to me in the above text:

I am the Lord, your God. I am great and to be feared. I keep the covenant and show faithful love to those who love me and who observe my commandments. You have sinned, you have done wrong, you have acted wickedly, you have betrayed my commandments and rulings and turned away from them.

Lesson: I started the first of March with great excitement about my forthcoming birthday on the 17th of the month. This is going to be a special birthday – a jubilee. I asked God for blessings and birthday gifts. In his word to me in Psalm 26: 11- 12, "But I walk without blame; redeem me, be gracious to me! My foot stands on level ground; in assemblies I will bless he Lord," and in Daniel 9: 4 – 10, God is saying to me that the greatest gift is redemption from sin.

God's greatest gift to us in Christ Jesus is redemption from sin. Sin deprives us of divine filiation. Freedom from sin means living in grace. This is God's greatest gift to man. When we live in grace, in divine filiation, then all things are ours. We discover and feel the truth of Christ's word in Matthew 6: 33-34:

"Seek first the Kingdom of God and his justice before everything else, and all the rest will come to you as well. So do not be anxious about tomorrow; tomorrow will look after itself. Each day has troubles enough of its own."

Seek first redemption and then all things are yours. This has been the consistent message of this Lent. Break the cycle of sin, slavery and suffering through the abundant grace of God at this season. This is also the means of getting what you want in life.

"Praise and honor to you Lord Jesus Christ. Your words, Lord, are spirit and life; you have the message of eternal life." (John 6: 63, 68)

Christ's words become spirit and life to me when I act on them in obedience of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2