JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, June 15, 2008

His Wounds

"Jesus carried our sins in his own body on the cross so that we could die to sin and live in holiness; by his wounds we have been healed." (1 Peter 2: 24)

By his wounds, we have been healed of our enslavement to sin and all consequences of sin. We become free as sons. We enjoy the perquisites of sons. We understand and accept God's sovereignty and plan for our lives. Physical healing becomes secondary.

Commenting on the above scripture, St. Bernard wrote: "I have come to see that true wisdom lies in meditating on these things […]. Some have provided me with wholesome, if bitter, drink, and I have used others as gentle and soothing unction. This gives me strength in adversity and helps me to be humble in prosperity; it allows me to walk with a sure step on the royal road of salvation, through the good things and the evil things of this present life, free from the dangers which threaten to right and left." (Sermons on the Song of Songs, 43, 4).

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2