JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, October 15, 2010

Are you confident?

"God indeed is my savior; I am confident and unafraid. My strength and my courage is the Lord, and he has been my savior." (Isaiah 12:2)

What makes the word of God so potent in transforming our weakness into strength? One good reason for me is the person behind that word or promise. We know that God cannot fail. We also know that God cannot lie. The Holy Spirit writes in Isaiah 12:2 "God indeed is my savior; I am confident and unafraid. My strength and my courage is the Lord, and he has been my savior." When we receive words like these with an open and trusting heart, incredible strength and courage is born within us. And we feel that we can do anything because of Him who gives us strength.

The Bible again and again urges us to have courage and not to be afraid. We need trust and courage as sons and daughters of God in order to claim our inheritance. Every father realizes this truth. Our Father in heaven knows that we cannot claim our rights as His children without trust and courage. If we believe that God is indeed our Savior and ever present help, then we should be confident and not be afraid. The life of love, praise and worship of our creator which is the very essence of the Christian life demands courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2