JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I have learned a secret

The first item on my list this morning is the Study of Psalms. Last week, I did a word study of REFUGE. Today, I was led to Philippians 4: 12 - 13:

"I know how to be brought low, and know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me." ( Philippians 4: 12 - 13)

When I read this, I knew this is the scripture I had been looking for in my present dire circumstances which I describe as:

No jobs
No money
No inspiration
No power

I had seen hard times but nothing like the present one. In searching for commentaries on Philippians 4: 12 - 13, I came to realize how many good books I have in my library. I invested a good deal in good bible and theology books when I had the financial opportunity and today, this investment is paying off.

I learned one big lesson from Philippians 4: 12 - 13:

Jesus Christ is the secret.

Relying completely on Jesus Christ in any crisis is the secret of success.

Jesus Christ is the Refuge. He is the Rock and the Fortress.

How do I use the above truth in the type of crisis that I am facing at the moment?

I hide inside Jesus Christ till the storm passes.
I hide in Him through prayer.
I hide in Him through His word.
I hide in Him through the Eucharist.
I hide in Him in faith. I reject fear. I reject worry. I reject doubt.

After an hour of this study and reflection, I was refreshed and strong to face the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2