JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

With joy you will draw water from the fountains of salvation

"On that day, you will say: I give you thanks, O LORD; though you have been angry with me, your anger has abated, and you have consoled me. God indeed is my salvation; I am confident and unafraid. For the LORD is my strength and my might, and he has been my salvation. With joy you will draw water from the fountains of salvation. And you will say on that day: give thanks to the LORD, acclaim his name; Among the nations make known his deeds, proclaim how exalted is his name. Sing praise to the LORD for he has done glorious things; let this be known throughout all the earth. .Shout with exultation, City of Zion, for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel!" (Isaiah 12: 1-6)

This is one of my earliest PL scriptures. It was given to me in 1995 by a man of God. He said to me, “I was inspired to give you this scripture.” At the time, I was not familiar with the idea that certain scriptures represent word of knowledge for the individual. Wnen I read Isaiah 12, liked the message and appropriated it. The fact that in 2011 I still remember this word of knowledge is a sign to me that this scripture has a particular significance for my life.

What I like most about Isaiah 12 is verse 3 which promises that “With joy you will draw water from the fountains of salvation”

What are the fountains of salvation for me?

The Holy Spirit
The Eucharist
The Blessed Sacrament

I draw water from these fountains on a daily basis. These are by no means the only fountains I have direct and constant access to. I also draw water from the fountains of:

Prayer
Word of God
Penance
Examen
Ministry
Spiritual Reading

I wonder whether this is why the promise alludes to “fountains of salvation” and not just “fountain of salvation.” There are many fountains but there is also a hierarchy of fountains. In Ephesians 6, St. Paul talks of putting on the full armor. The warfare we are engaged in is not with flesh and blood. We contend with evil and powerful spirits. If you are not fully armored, you will fall even before the battle gets under way. So, if the Lord offers me to drink from the “fountains of salvation,” that is exactly what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2