JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

I have left an open door before you


I have left an open door before you


"I know your works (behold, I have left an open door before you, which no one can close). You have limited strength, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name." (Revelation 3: 8)
Why include this scripture as part of the PL scriptures? The promise, "Behold, I have left an open door before you, which no one can close," appealed to me very much. I had seen the door of employment shut in my face in 1994. I had desperately waited in vain for another door to open. One day, I heard this elocution in the depth of my heart: "All you need is the Holy Spirit." It took probably a couple of years to realize fully the significance of this revelation. Gradually I came to realize that the Enterprise and SFJ may well be the open door.
I delight in the fact that he who opens the door is Jesus. Once He opens, nobody can close. I also like the part of Revelation 3: 8 that says, "I know your works." The thought that Jesus knows where I am and what I am doing is gratifying. Then He continues, "You have limited strength, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name." O Lord, what can I say? It is truly difficult for me to appropriate Revelation 3:8 fully. All I can say at this point is that I desire everything you say in it. I know I have limited moral strength; I have limited physical strength; I have limited financial strength. I know I depend on you entirely for everything for everything, at every time and in every place. I want to keep your word and never  deny your name. I want you to have your eye of mercy on me every second. Thank you Jesus for the promise in Revelation 3: 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2