JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Do whatever He tells you


"After he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into deep water and lower your nets for a catch.”
Simon said in reply, “Master, we have worked hard all night and have caught nothing, but at your command I will lower the nets.”
When they had done this, they caught a great number of fish and their nets were tearing."  (Luke 5: 4 - 6)

Simon Peter lowered his net at the command of Christ and the result was a great number of fish was caught.
At the Wedding Feast at Cana, Mary said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you." (John 2: 5).  They did and water was turned into wine.

I too like Simon Peter and his companions have toiled "all night" and many nights have caught nothing.  What is Christ's word to me?  I want to do whatever Jesus tells me?  But what must I do?  I want to act "at your word" Lord Jesus.  What is your word to me?

"Let your life be free from love of money but be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never forsake you or abandon you.”
Thus we may say with confidence:
“The Lord is my helper,
[and] I will not be afraid.
What can anyone do to me?"  (Hebrews 13: 5 - 6)

Thank you Lord Jesus for the above word.  I cherish it.  But how I wish that your word to me is as concrete as that to Simon:   “Put out into deep water and lower your nets for a catch.”  (Luke 5: 4)  Or your word at Cana:  "“Fill the jars with water. Draw some out now and take it to the headwaiter.” (John 2: 7 - 8)

Lord, help me to trust your Providence instead of complaining that your word and command to me is more demanding.  Show me how to live this word of life to me concretely always and everywhere.

Mary, Mother of Perpetual Help, I know now the word that you ask me to "Do whatever he tells me."  I turn to you in prayer to ask for your help.  Obtain for me the light, guidance and faith I need to obey this command.

Trust and Obey!  There is no other way to have the best of Jesus!
Simon Peter and the servants at the Wedding Feast of Cana have this inner attitude of trust and obedience.  If I develop this inner attitude of trusting and obeying Jesus in little things, I will always enjoy His light and guidance in bigger things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2