JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

God calls to the ministry

"Therefore, since we have this ministry through the mercy shown us, we are not discouraged."  (2 Corinthians 4:1)

The very fact that the call to ministry comes from the Father of mercies and God of all consolations is a tremendous cause for confidence.  Knowing too that the call is not based on any personal merit adds to the confidence.

The call to ministry comes out of God's merciful heart and also out of His mysterious providential plan.

"I am grateful to him who has strengthened me, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he considered me trustworthy in appointing me to the ministry."  (1 Timothy 1: 12)

Jesus calls.  Jesus gives the strength to serve.

"Do not fear: I am with you;
do not be anxious: I am your God.
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my victorious right hand."  (Isaiah 41: 10)

Jesus gives assurance of His presence.  It is His presence that drives out fears,worries and doubts.

"It is the LORD who goes before you; he will be with you and will never fail you or forsake you. So do not fear or be dismayed."  (Deuteronomy 31: )

Again, God's presence in the Journey/Ministry is guaranteed.  Why fear? Why worry? Why doubt?

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me has not been ineffective. "  (1 Corinthians 15: 10)

Thank you Jesus.  Your grace to me will not be ineffective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2