JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, September 08, 2013

Jesus is the Way


"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."( John 14:6)

Jesus is the Way.  His Way is the Way of the cross.  I find the commentary by Deacon Don Schwager below very interesting on this point :

"Jesus knew that the way of the cross was the Father's way to glory and victory over sin and death. He counted the cost and said 'yes' to his Father's will. We, too, must 'count the cost' and be ready to follow Jesus in the way of the cross if we want to share in his glory and victory. What is the 'way of the cross' for you and for me? When my will crosses with God's will, then his will must be done. The way of the cross involves sacrifice, the sacrifice of laying down my life each and every day for Jesus' sake. What makes such sacrifice possible and "sweet" for us is the love of God poured out for us in the blood of Jesus Christ. Paul the Apostle reminds us that "God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit" (Romans 5:5). We can never outgive God. He always gives us more than we can expect or imagine. Do you allow the Holy Spirit to fill your heart with the love of God?"
" Jesus' way to glory and power is opposite the world's way of glory, power, and success. The choice is ours, but the Lord does not leave us alone if we choose to follow him. Does the love of Christ compel you to put God first in all you do (see 2 Corinthians 5)?"

"Anyone who does not take up his cross and follow Me cannot be My disciple." —Lk 14:27

Isaiah 55:8-9
"8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Seekfirst.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2