JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, November 27, 2016

I want You to heal my servant right here, right now.

 “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith."  (Matthew 8: 10 NABRE)

Why does Jesus praise so lavishly the faith of the Centurion?  Faith is a rare commodity and one of the greatest gifts of God.  The opposite of faith is Unbelief and Doubt.

How does faith work?  Jesus said to the Centurion:  “I will come and cure him.” The Centurion heard this and believed.  The faith of the Centurion is much deeper.  He said to Jesus: No need to come to my house.  Just heal my servant with a word from here.  Right here, right now.

What gave the Centurion such an elevated faith?  He extrapolated  his experience as a senior Roman officer.

Faith comes from hearing and believing the promises of God.  As you exercise your faith every day, it grows.

Happy Advent!

Seekfirst.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2