JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, July 21, 2017

Tell me, Mary, what did you see on the way?

"The Bride says:
On my bed at night I sought him
whom my heart loves — I sought him but I did not find him.
I will rise then and go about the city;
 in the streets and crossings I will seek Him whom my heart loves."  (Song of Songs 3: 1- 2).

This is the first Reading chosen today for the feast of St Mary Magdalene.  It illustrates the intense love of Mary Magdalene for Jesus.  She sought the dead among the dead and found the Risen Jesus who was waiting for her.  Jesus promised "Seek and you shall find."  ( Matthew 7: 7). Jesus rewarded her by saying to her: 
"Go to my brothers and tell them:
I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."  (John 20:  17).

And Mary responded:
"Mary of Magdala went and announced to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord,” and what he told her."  (John 20: 18).

This made Mary Magdalene whose feast we celebrate today both the first person to see Jesus after His Resurrection and the first messenger of the Gospel.

St Mary Magdalene pray for us.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2