JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Grant me O Lord a time of favor.

"I pray to you, O Lord, for a time of your favor.
In your great mercy, answer me, O God, with your salvation that never fails."  (Isaiah 69: 14).

Why is Lent such a blessed time to receive favors from God?
Consider the following:
+Jesus went into water for Baptism and sanctified water and made it holy for Baptism.  (Matthew 3: 16).
+ At the Wedding Feast at Cana, Jesus made marriage between one man and one woman a holy Sacrament and an institution. (John 2: 1-12).
+ Jesus fasted for 40 days in the desert and defeated the devil 3 times.  (Matthew 4: 1 - 11).  Through the power of the Holy Spirit, the early Church understood the significance of the event and instituted the discipline of Lent.
I received most of the blessings in my life during Lent.

"Thus says the LORD:
In a time of favor I answer you,
on the day of salvation I help you; and I have kept you and given you as a covenant to the people,
To restore the land and allot the desolate heritages."  (Isaiah 49: 8).

Faith is accepting the word of God as true.  Then act according to the the word you believe.

" The LORD is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and of great kindness. The LORD is good to all and compassionate toward all his works.

The LORD is faithful in all his words
and holy in all his works.
The LORD lifts up all who are falling
and raises up all who are bowed down."  (Psalm 145: 8 - 9, 13 - 14).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2