JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, August 05, 2018

What do you hear when you listen?

“This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him.” (Matthew 17: 5).

The Church celebrates today the great feast of the Transfiguration. What happened at the Transfiguration?  In the presence of credible eyewitnesses, Peter, James and John, Jesus was transformed in His essence into a heavenly Being. But that was not all.

"Then a cloud came, casting a shadow over them; then from the cloud came a voice, “This is my beloved Son. Listen to him.”  (Mark 9: 7).

Just as John the Baptist identified Jesus at the Baptism as the Lamb of God, the Father Himself pointed out Jesus as His only beloved Son.
The Father added an authoritative command which should catch our attention. "LISTEN TO HIM."

What do you hear when you listen to Jesus? What I hear clearly is this:
"Make your top priority God’s kingdom and his way of life, and all these things will be given to you as well."  (Matthew 6: 33 NTE).
I like what I hear. It is clear from the Gospel that Jesus has a magnificent obsession for the Kingdom of God and righteousness.  I ask Abba Father every day to grant me a magnificent obsession for the Kingdom so that I can accomplish my mandate.

When you listen to Jesus, what do you hear?

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2