JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, December 23, 2018

God will fulfill every promise He makes.

"Behold, when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son into the world."
(Cf. Galatians 4: 4).

The Church exalts in the truth of God's faithfulness in the proclaimed word today:
"Behold, everything is fulfilled which the angel promised to the Virgin Mary."  (Antiphon to the Benedictus on the 4th Sunday of Advent).

The 2nd Reading today lists some of the promises of God to King David (2 Samuel 9 - 16).  Behold everything is fulfilled which God promised to David:

"And I will make your name like that of the greatest on earth......
I will not withdraw my favor from him as I withdrew it from Saul who was before you.  Your house and your kingdom are firm forever before me; your throne shall be firmly established forever."  (2 Samuel 9 - 16).

My friends, behold everything will be fulfilled which God promises you.  Let us chant our Yes and Amen and gratitude with the Psalm below:

"The favors of the LORD I will sing forever; through all generations my mouth shall proclaim your faithfulness. For you have said, “My kindness is established forever;” in heaven you have confirmed your faithfulness."  (Psalm 89: 2 - 3).

This too God has fulfilled.
"Through his prophets he promised of old that he would save us from our enemies, from the hands of all who hate us. He promised to show mercy to our fathers and to remember his holy covenant."  (Luke 1:  70 - 72).

"O Radiant Dawn,
splendor of eternal ligt, sun of justice: come and shine on those who dwell in darkness and in the shadow of death."

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2