JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Words to remember the next time you are in crisis.

“I have told you these things so that you won’t abandon your faith." (John 16: 1).

Monday of the 6th week of Easter. Stark warning of the cost of discipleship. Severe tests and persecutions that will be provoked by witnessing to Jesus Christ.

On the three occasions I had a serious crisis of faith, I wished I had remembered this warning of Jesus. If it were not for the timely intervention of the Holy Spirit, my faith would have been in the past tense. On one of the three occasions, I heard these words in my heart: "Who is your security?" I answered correctly "Jesus Christ." The Tempter sneaked away.

On the two other occasions, I felt like the two disciples on the road to Emmaus. Hope was vanishing. I felt sad and foolish for trusting Jesus. Again the direct intervention of the Holy Spirit restored faith and hope. My heart was burning within me as I heard:
“I’ve told you these things to prepare you for rough times ahead."

Without the Holy Spirit, it is impossible to experience how God works in our lives and even to remember to share the experience with others.

"It was ordained that the Christ should suffer and rise from the dead, and so enter into his glory." (Luke 24: 46, 26). So must we. 

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2