JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, November 04, 2019

Rejoice always in hope.

"Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer." (Romans 12: 12).

Tuesday of the 31st week in Ordinary Time. Advent is round the corner.

"Be happy in your hope. Do not give up when trouble comes. Do not let anything stop you from praying." (Romans 12: 12 NLV).

Hope is confident waiting for something to happen. To hope and to wait is the same thing. Christian hope is a confident hope. Once upon a time, I prayed for a desire close to my heart. I came away from prayer with the deep impression that God was asking me to wait. I was happy and waited in hope. After a few years, nothing happened. "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life." (Proverbs 13: 12). My hope was beginning to slip. Then I suddenly found myself facing a great challenge. I woke early the next morning and prayed and cried about the issue. 24 hours later, God had resolved the issue. No deferred hope this time. I was very happy.

The same God who moved mountain in this problem is the God who asked me to wait. I came to see that there is a good reason why God is asking me to wait. Through the light of understanding I came to rejoice in hope. I pray and persevere in prayer. Both confident hope and steadfastness in prayer, help me endure trials as I wait on God.

Grant Father we pray, that we may hasten without stumbling to receive the things you have promised.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2