JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, December 23, 2019

You too, you are my messenger.


"Thus says the Lord God: Lo, I am sending my messenger to prepare the way be­fore me." (Malachi 3: 1).

Monday 23 December 2019 is the feast of St John Kanty (1390 - 1473), Polish priest. University professor and noted for his great humility. The Church teaches that if we pay attention to the example of the saints, we grow in the wisdom of the saints. The example of St Fulton Sheen has helped me in my writing and publishing. Good biography exerts great power over us.

Our key Scripture says that the Lord is sending His messenger to prepare a way for the Coming of Jesus Christ. Has it ever occurred to you that you might be one of the  messengers? What do you make of the Dismissal Rite of the Mass? It can come in one of these words:
"Go forth, the Mass is ended."
Or:
"Go and announce the Gospel of the Lord."
Or:
"Go in peace, glorifying the Lord by your life."
Or:
"Go in peace." They all mean the same thing. You are being sent forth to prepare the way of the Lord.
We respond:
Thanks be to God.

I was astonished when I learned that this is one of the most important parts of the Mass. How? It is the time the Lord Jesus is sending us out to share the gifts we receive at Mass.

You too "I am sending you as my messenger to prepare the way be­fore me."
O that today you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2