JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, January 20, 2020

I have found David my servant.


"I have found David, my servant." (Psalm 89: 21).

Tuesday 21 January of the 2nd Week of Ordinary Time is the feast of St Agnes (+304) virgin and martyr. Agnes was martyred at the age of 13. She is the patron saint of purity.

"I have found David, my servant." (Psalm 89: 21). The figure of David dominates the three liturgical Readings today. What is common between Agnes and David. They both show how God does not choose as man chooses. God chooses what is weak to confound the world.

Who is David?
* The youngest shepherd son of Jesse of Bethlehem.
* He slew Goliath with a sling shot.
* He founded Jerusalem as the capital of unified Israel.
* Committed adultery with Bathsheba.
* To cover up adultery, had Uriah killed.
* Psalmist and liturgist.
* Priest, Prince and Prophet
* Calls God his Father.
* God calls David champion.
* God calls David "a man after my heart."

Is it surprising that David is the most illustrious in the genealogy of Jesus Christ, Son of David? The choice, the call and the anointing of David increases our trust and confidence in Divine Providence.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2