JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Ask for Wisdom with confident and expectant faith.


"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and he will be given it." (James 1: 5).

Monday 17th February 2020 in the 6th Week in Ordinary Time is the feast of the Seven Founders of the Order of Servites (13th century), Religious. The Servites are a Confraternity of the Order of the Servites of the Blessed Virgin Mary. They lead a life of prayer and penance.

Our chosen Scripture today from James 1: 1-11 is a gift to everyone. My heart glows with joy as I read and reread it.

What is Wisdom? Although I coveted the gift of Wisdom as long as I can remember, I had to look it up since I wasn't even sure what it is. This is what I found below from an excellent source (NABRE):

"Wisdom: a gift that God readily grants to all who ask in faith and that sustains the Christian in times of trial. It is a kind of knowledge or understanding not accessible to the unbeliever or those who doubt, which gives the recipient an understanding of the real importance of events. In this way a Christian can deal with adversity with great calm and hope (cf. 1 Cor 2:6–12).

I like what I read. The sacred text below shows how to acquire this mother of all gifts:

"But he should ask in faith, not doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed about by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord, since he is a man of two minds, unstable in all his ways."

Brethren the above needs no commentary. God told Solomon:
"I give you what you request here and now." God is not a liar. He will do the same for you and me.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2