JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

I want a double portion.

“Request whatever I might do for you, before I am taken from you.” Elisha answered, “May I receive a double portion of your spirit.”

Wednesday 17th June 2020, 11th Week in Ordinary Time.

Pentecost Sunday is barely 17 days ago and we are talking about another outpouring of the Holy Spirit! That is right. In the Bible, there are multiple outpourings of the awesome Spirit. Sometimes, you receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost and you still feel a certain hunger for more. Ask and you shall receive more.

One of the reasons I like and remember Prophet Elisha is because of his bold request:
“May I receive a double portion of your spirit.” This is how we should come to God in prayer:  With bold confidence! Did Jesus not say that the Father does not ration the Holy Spirit?

Elijah replied Elisha: “You have asked something that is not easy." (2 Kings 2: 9 - 10).
For God all things are easy and possible.

Ask and you will receive. I will ask for a double portion of the Holy Spirit. I will ask for a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2