JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, March 01, 2021

Humility by Example.

"Whoever exalts himself will be humbled; but whoever humbles himself will be exalted." (Matthew 23: 12).

Tuesday 2nd March 2021, in the 2nd Week in Lent.

Today, the lesson from our key Scripture is humility. What is humility? Here is a definition by example:
+ Jesus Christ is humility.
+ St. Mary is humility.
+ St Martin de Poress is humility.
+ St Brother Andre is humility.

How about me? I was sharing faith experience with a prayer partner, when he told me that he was reading a book on humility. Why? I asked. "Everybody thinks I am very proud!" I laughed aloud and he wondered why I found the idea amusing. I answered: "Because over 75% of people who know me tell me in my face that I am proud, arrogant, vain, haughty, etc." I added with a laugh: "They just don't think but they tell me to my face." How did I handle this liability, he wanted to know. I have many patron saints. I wrote down those whose humility impressed me like the Blessed Virgin Mary and prayed to them daily to obtain the grace of humility for me. Prayer  always seems to me a direct way to obtain spiritual gifts than study. Today I am not bothered about what people call me or think of me. I am not bothered whether I am raised to honor or humbled or cast down. Thank You Jesus for your merciful love.

JESUS-EMMANUEL I trust in Your merciful love. I do not depend on my filthy works. I surrender myself completely to You. Take care of everything Your way according to Your Plan and Providence for me?

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2