JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, June 04, 2024

FEAST OF ST BONIFACE, BISHOP & MARTYR. THE APOSTLE OF GERMANY.

ST BONIFACE, BISHOP AND MARTYR.  

"Paul, an Apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God for the promise of life in Christ Jesus, to Timothy, my dear child: grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

"I am grateful to God, whom I worship with a clear conscience as my ancestors did, as I remember you constantly in my prayers, night and day.

"For this reason, I remind you to stir into flame the gift of God that you have through the imposition of my hands. 

“For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice but rather of power and love and self-control. So do not be ashamed of your testimony to our Lord, nor of me, a prisoner for his sake; but bear your share of hardship for the Gospel with the strength that comes from God.

"He saved us and called us to a holy life, not according to our works but according to his own design and the grace bestowed on us in Christ Jesus before time began, but now made manifest through the appearance of our savior Christ Jesus, who destroyed death and brought life and immortality to light through the Gospel, for which I was appointed preacher and Apostle and teacher.

"On this account I am suffering these things; but I am not ashamed, for I know him in whom I have believed and am confident that he is able to guard what has been entrusted to me until that day." (2 Timothy 1: 1 - 3, 6 - 12).

Wednesday 5th June 2024 in the 9th Week in Ordinary Time is the feast of St Boniface, Bishop and Martyr.

The well educated English Benedictine priest was sent by Pope Gregory II to evangelize the German tribes. Boniface was consecrated the first Bishop of Germany. He organized the Church in Germany and was martyred in Friesland (present day Netherlands) when he went to preach there. St Boniface is the patron saint of Germany.

"For this reason, I remind you to stir into flame the gift of God that you have through the imposition of my hands." 

How do we stir into flame the gift of the Holy Spirit we all received in Baptism and Confirmation?  The answer is below in 2 Peter 3: 18.

"But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." (2 Peter 3: 18).

We grow in grace, knowledge and truth of our Savior Jesus Christ by a daily plan of devotion encompassing the following 7-Way Plan:

1. Prayer.

2. Word of God.

3. Eucharist.

4. Reconciliation.

5. Examination of Conscience.

6. Spiritual Reading.

7. Faith-sharing or Ministry.

It may seem a challenging program. In fact, it is very easy to implement. For the elements of the Plan that involves a daily action, is two hours sliced up into segments too much for the incomparable benefits you can derive from the plan?

The Church honors the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus every June. 

Read of the abundant promises made to people who honor the Sacred Heart of Jesus especially in June. 

For Prayers and Prayer intentions click the link below. 

http://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2020/08/12-promises-of-sacred-heart-of-jesus.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2