JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, October 18, 2024

MEMORIAL OF SAINTS ISAAC JOQUES, JOHN BROBEUF & COMPANION MARTYRS

MEMORIAL OF ISAAC JOQUES & JOHN DE BROBEUF & CO MARTYRS. 

"Jesus said to his disciples: 


“I tell you, everyone who acknowledges me before others the Son of Man will acknowledge before the angels of God.


"But whoever denies me before others will be denied before the angels of God.


“Everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but the one who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

"When they take you before synagogues and before rulers and authorities, do not worry about how or what your defense will be or about what you are to say. For the Holy Spirit will teach you at that moment what you should say.” (Luke 12: 8 - 12).

Saturday October 19th 2024, 28th Week in Ordinary Time.


Today is the Memorial of the North American Martyrs: John de Brebeuf (1553 - 1649, Isaac Jogues (1607 - 1646) and Companion Martyrs.

All of them were French and all of the Society of Jesus. They were 8 in all, 6 priests and 2 brothers. They labored day and night under harsh conditions with almost the certainty of martyrdom to bring Jesus Christ to the Native Americans. In faith these martyrs believed Jesus that He came to found an everlasting Kingdom of peace, joy and happiness for ever and ever. It is God's will for all people to be saved. They lost their lives in bringing this message to Native Americans. 


The Gospel of today Luke 12: 8 - 12 contains my favorite title for the Holy Spirit: "The Voice that Speaks in Court."  This is because of my experience of the fulfillment of this promise. The Holy Spirit has enabled me to speak with wisdom and courage when I was in tight corners and needed these gifts most.

I have always loved the key Scripture for today. "When they take you before synagogues and before rulers and authorities, do not worry about how or what your defense will be or about what you are to say. For the Holy Spirit will teach you at that moment what you should say.”


Do you believe this to be true? Yes. I believe it to be true because I have experienced the truth several times. The Lord has been by my side and given me wisdom words to say when I was in most need of such counsels. I have been full of amazement and have never forgotten the experience. 


"Allow Me to speak words of peace to your soul. Trust Me in all things. Trust that I will not abandon you, nor will I deprive you of My friendship. My desire is to hold conversation with you, to speak to you, as I have often said, heart to heart, as a man converses with his best friend. Why do you doubt? Believe in My friendship for you. It is My gift to you, and I will not withdraw what I have given you out of the love of My Heart." (IN SINU JESU, Thursday, October 17, 2008, Feast of Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque."  


October is the Holy Rosary Month. 

"Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, pray for us." 

Say the Holy Rosary every day in October. 


For Prayers, Consecration, Litany, Testimony of Jesus about those who pray the Rosary, click the link below:


https://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2023/09/october-devotion-to-holy-rosary.html?m=1


No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2