JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Called to Simplicity

“Jesus said, ‘if you wish to be perfect, go and sell what you own and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven.” (Matthew 19:21)

What is Christ saying to me in this scripture?
He calls me to a life of service, friendship and companionship. He calls me to a life of perfection. In order to benefit optimally from the call of Christ and enjoy it, I must renounce myself and all attachment to material things. I must have the mind of Christ in all things.

Lord Jesus, how do I obey the command to sell what I have and give the money to the poor? You keep only around you what you need, no extras, and no storage for tomorrow. Sell the extras and give the money to the poor.

Lord Jesus, I have heard your message. You invite me to evangelical simplicity, to poverty in spirit. I accept dear Lord. Grant me the grace to be totally detached from all material things so that I can be attached to you. Teach me to trust you as my ONLY supplier of everything. Lord if you truly call me to a life of evangelical simplicity, I say yes to you. Go ahead and finish the good work you have started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2