JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, December 12, 2005

Staying Power

‘They had gone off to buy it when the bridegroom arrived. Those who were ready went in with him to the wedding hall and the door was closed……….. So stay awake, because you do not know either the day or the hour.” (Matthew 25: 10 – 13)

: This is the parable of the foolish virgins. The parable teaches perseverance and staying power. Sometime ago, I had a horrible dream. I was in a large Church with many people waiting to receive certificates from the bishop. When the bishop delayed his arrival for over an hour, I left the Church to go to my apartment across the Church to comb my unkempt hair. I have a clean shaven head but in the dream, I had a full head of hair. When I arrived in my apartment, I met unexpected distractions. When I came back to the Church, the ceremony was over and I missed my certificate. I wept like a child in the dream.
The Lord teaches that only those who stay in their post when he calls will be rewarded. “Therefore, stay awake, for you do know neither the day nor the hour.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2