JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Whom shall I go to?

Whom shall I go to?

“Then Jesus said to the Twelve, ‘What about you, do you want to go away too?’  Simon Peter answered, ‘Lord, who shall we go to?  You have the message of eternal life, and we believe, we know that you are the Holy One of God.”  (John 6: 67 – 70)

When Jesus said, “I am the living bread which has come down from heaven.  Anyone who eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is my flesh, for the life of the world..”(John 6:51) most of the multitude that followed him found the message too much.  They disbelieved him and went away.  But Jesus did not call them back and say, “You misunderstood me, I was only speaking symbolically.”  Instead he challenged the disciples who did not go away to believe the message or to go away with the rest.  Happily, inspired by the Holy Spirit once again, Peter spoke for the rest:  Jesus has the message of eternal life.  His word is true.  There is nothing out there to go to.

On the feast of Sacred Heart, 1996, I too received a most astonishing message from Jesus:  “My grace is always with you.”  This message was also too much for me and without the help of grace, it was not possible for me to believe it.  

Lord Jesus, I thank you for your message on 061496.   You have said the same again many times since that date.  I believe you.  I know that your word is truth.  I also know that you are faithful to your promises.  Lord, may I grow in the understanding of your message.  May every aspect of my life be influenced by the truth of your message.  May my life be enriched by this message.

The seed is the word of God.  All that is required of me is to be still and remain calm and believe and the seed will grow.  It has fallen on a fertile soil.  I water the soil through prayer and the word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2