JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, July 21, 2006

Trust love and obedience

Trust, love and obedience

“It was 9 o’clock in the morning when they crucified him. …..At noon the whole country was covered in darkness, which lasted for three hours.  At 3 o’clock Jesus cried out with a loud shout, ‘Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?’ which means, ‘My God, my God, why did you abandon me?”  (Mark 15: 25, 33)

According to Mark in the above passage, Jesus spent 6 hours on the cross.  I had always thought he spent 3 hours.  For 6 hours, he endured excruciating pain and agony.  On top of this, he was mocked and insulted all the time.  

How is it that I tend to take lightly what happened on the cross?  I think the reason is spiritual darkness.  I remember St. Ignatius Loyola saying that if it is possible for us to gain an insight into what happened on the cross, we will hate sin forever.  Lord Jesus, grant me this insight.  Grant me the grace to see what you did for me on the cross.

What happened on the cross?  Jesus suffered for 6 hours and died.
Who is Jesus?  The Son of God.
Why did he die on the cross?  To save me from sin.  
What should be my response to this truth?  Trust, love and obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2