JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, August 28, 2006

Eternal Vigilance

Eternal Vigilance

“How blessed is anyone who rejects the advice of the wicked and does not take a stand in the path that sinners tread, nor sit in company with cynics, but who delights in the law of Yahweh and murmurs his law day and night.

Such a one is like a tree planted near streams; it bears fruit in season and its leaves never wither, and every project succeeds.” (Psalm 1: 1 – 3)

The promise: “Bear fruit in season”, that is, at the appointed time, at the fixed time.

What does “bear fruit’ mean to me? “Bear fruit” will relate to my special charism, my gift, that is, to learn and to communicate. This promise says that if I fulfill the conditions, at God’s appointed time, I will start communicating his word effectively to his people. In the meantime, what do I do? Two things:

1. Delight in God’s word and study it day and night.

2. Wait for the appointed time.

The 2nd Promise: “And every project succeeds.” For example, the Enterprise. The Enterprise is made up of many projects, all of them connected with my mission and charism: I learn and I communicate. God promises that if I fulfill the conditions, the Enterprise will succeed.

What are the conditions laid down in Psalm 1?

· Reject the advice of the ungodly with regard to the Enterprise.

· Don’t mix with them; don’t frequent their spot.

· Delight in the word of God.

· Meditate God’s word day and night.

Meditating on God’s word day and night will give no room for the devil to get in. it is like having a vigilant guard on patrol for 24 hours. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. The price of success of the Enterprise is eternal vigilance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2