JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

God is light

God is light

“God is light and there is no darkness in him at all.  If we say that we share in God’s life while we are living in darkness we are lying, because we are not living the truth.  …….  The blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.” (1 John 1: 5 – 7)

God is light and sin is darkness.  As I prepare for the Sacrament of reconciliation this last Saturday of the month, I find the first reading for today’s Mass most appropriate.  To live God’s life is to live in the light.  The blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin. (1 John 1:7)  Powerful stuff!  I will remember this particularly this morning as I go to receive the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ.  

“But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the upright.  He is the sacrifice to expiate our sins, and not only ours, but also those of the whole world.”  (1 John 2: 1 – 2)

What are the areas of my life where God’s light has not penetrated?  Where does the word of God needs to shine in my life?  O Holy Spirit, please show me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2