JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, November 24, 2006

Food

Food

“Then he took the five loaves and two fish, raised his eyes to heaven and said the blessing; then he broke the loaves and began handing them to his disciples to distribute among the people. He also shared the two fish among them all.” (Mark 6: 41)

This event prefigured the Eucharist, the sacrament of love. Christ gave us his body to eat and his blood to drink.

“This is the revelation of God’s love for us, that God sent his only Son into the world that we might have life through him. Love consists in this: it is not we who loved God, but God loved us and sent his Son to expiate our sins.” (1 John 4: 9 – 10)

Today I reflect on Christ’s love for me in the Eucharist. He took pity on me as he did of the hungry crowd in Mark 6: 41. He drew me near to him and fed me with his body and blood. Lord Jesus, how am I to respond to this love? What does the scripture say about my response?

Jesus loves me and shows it through the Eucharist. He says to me today that I must respond to this love by loving my brother. Lord Jesus, I am ready. Teach me.

Christ gave me his body and blood in the Eucharist. I cannot share this. Just as everybody has to eat food to gain the nourishment, so must each person eat and drink of the body and blood of Jesus Christ to gain the spiritual nourishment. But I can share the word of Jesus with others. I can pray for others. I can look out for opportunity for little service to others today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2