JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, November 17, 2006

Glorious Light

Glorious Light

“Rise up in splendor, Jerusalem! Your light has come, the glory of the Lord shines upon you. See darkness covers the earth, and thick clouds cover the peoples; but upon you the Lord shines, and over you appears his glory.” (Isaiah 60: 1-2)

The above passage speaks of the glorious destiny of the Church. Just like Christ and John the Baptizer, the Church discovers its true identity and destiny through the Scriptures. Although the darkness of sin and error covers the earth, the Church will shine because upon her the Lord shines. Her source of light is constant and unfading. The Lord Jesus shines upon individual members of the Church too. The Church is like many lighted candles as at the Solemnity of the Easter Vigil.

Lord Jesus, shine upon me that I may reflect your light in the Church. The light that we reflect is the light of Christ. The word of God is a light to my foot. My destiny like that of the Church is to be light to the world. I read and apply the word of God and the Lord shines through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2