JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Who are you?

Who are you?

“Who are you? We must take back an answer to those who sent us. What have you to say about yourself? So he said, ‘I am, as Isaiah prophesied: A voice of one that cries in the desert: Prepare a way for the Lord. Make his paths straight!’ (John 1: 22)

Who are you? John the Baptizer knew who he was. From the Scriptures, he was able to discern accurately his identity. I learned many years ago that we find our true identity in the Scriptures. What I find about myself in the Scriptures is troubling. I find for example this passage:

“Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, before you were born I dedicated you, a prophet to the nations I appointed you….. To whomever I send you, you shall go; whatever I command you, you shall speak. Have no fear before them, because I am with you to deliver you, says the Lord.” (Jeremiah 1: 5 – 8)

I answered: ‘Lord but I do not want to be a prophet. I am satisfied with things as they are. I love my quiet private life.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2