JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Our Supreme High Priest

"Since in Jesus, the Son of God, we have the supreme high priest who has gone through to the highest heaven, we must hold firm to our profession of faith. For the high priest we have is not incapable of feeling our weakness with us, but has been put to the test in exactly the same way as ourselves, apart from sin. Let us, then, have no fear in approaching the throne of grace when we are in need of help." (Hebrews 4: 14 – 16)

Jesus, Son of God

Jesus, our supreme high priest

We must hold firm to our profession of faith in Jesus. This is because Jesus, the Son of God is also our supreme high priest.

What faith do I need to hold firm at this time?

  • God has a good plan for my welfare: Jeremiah 29: 11
  • God will open for me a door that nobody can close: Revelation 3: 8
  • God will never abandon me nor forsake me: Hebrews 13: 5
  • God himself will lead me across this passage: Deuteronomy 31: 3

Christ, our high priest is imminently qualified to help us because he has experienced our problems. He had great desires as a man. He too faced delays, disappointments and obstacles. So he understands how I feel about my delays, disappointments and obstacles. I should bear this in mind when I approach Christ in prayer with my needs. This insight should give me confidence when I approach the throne of grace either through prayer, his word, in the Blessed Sacrament or in the Eucharist. The Lord himself says: "Have no fear in approaching the throne of grace when in need of help."


No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2