JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, December 17, 2006

School of Suffering

"It was essential that he should in this way be made completely like his brothers so that he could become a compassionate and trustworthy high priest for their relationship to God, able to expiate the sins of the people. For the suffering he himself passed through while being put to the test enables him to help others when they are being put to the test." (Hebrews 2: 17 – 18)

Jesus Christ is like us in all things but sin. I am like my brothers and sisters in everything including sin. In God's loving and merciful providence, he permitted me to know great sins in my life so that I can become "a compassionate and trustworthy high priest for their relationship to God."

Jesus Christ learned obedience and submission in the school of suffering. I thank God for Desert 95 when I started learning obedience and submission in the school of suffering. The Lord used the period to enrich my understanding and compassion for those who suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2