JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Promised Land

"Look, today I am offering you life and prosperity, death and disaster …. Choose life, then, so that you and your descendants may live, in the love of Yahweh your God, obeying his voice, holding fast to him; for in this your life consists, and on this depends the length of time that you stay in the country which Yahweh swore to your ancestors Abraham, Isaac and Jacob that he would give them." (Deuteronomy 30: 15, 19 – 20)

I confided the reflection on the above scripture to my journal in 1997.

"This is one of my PL scriptures. What is Yahweh, my Lord saying to me today?

His provision for me here and now is life and prosperity. Father, thank you.

To obtain this provision, I must:

  • Obey his voice, that is, listen t and comply to what he says to me. I know I can do it by God's grace. I feel I can do. And I want to do it.
  • Love Yahweh, my God. But how do I love Yahweh? What does the scripture say on this? Love your neighbor whom you see. Do to him in every occasion as you would like him to do to you. For example, I love people to pray for me. Do likewise to your neighbor. I enjoy gifts from people. Give gifts to your friends. I like receiving emails and letters from friends. Send friends emails and letters. Show that you love God by doing to your neighbor as you want him to do to you.
  • Hold fast to God, that is, hold fast to his words and promises. Let no delay shake you. Nor obstacles and disappointments dislodge you from the chosen path. Affirm God's promises all the time. Be patient as you wait for the fulfillment of God's promises in your life."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2