JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, April 09, 2007

Peter the Rock

"Peter said: you are the Christ, the Son of the living God. Jesus answered: You are Peter, the rock on which I will build my Church." (Matthew 16: 16 – 18)

Just before Easter 2007, I ordered the 2000 Years of Papal History from Peter to Pope Benedict XVI. Recorded by an eminent Harvard trained historian, Fr. John O'Malley, S.J., the precious gem came to me in 12 CDs. As I listened with awe to this incredible story, at times it did not seem to me that the papacy was the rock on which Christ built his Church. But certainly rock it was, rock it had been and rock it is still today. How do I know this? Build a house on rock and it stands. Build it on sand and it is washed away in a fierce storm.

Thank you Jesus for your wisdom and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2