JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Take and Receive

"Blessed are you, Lord, God of all creation.

Through your goodness we have this bread to offer,

which earth has given and human hands have made.

It will become for us the bread of life."

Liturgy of the Eucharist (Roman Missal)

Inspired by the above prayer, I say:

"Blessed are you, Lord, God of all creation.

Through your goodness I have this delay, disappointment and obstacle to offer,

let it become for me the bread of life."


 

The holy Mass is very rich in symbols. In the Mass, during the offertory, I bring my prayers, desires, joys, hopes as well as pains, sufferings, delays, disappointments and obstacles. I bring also my disabilities, deaths, the loss of loved ones, the disappointment of broken dreams, the failure of relationships, my physical, emotional and spiritual pains. I place all in the outstretched arms of Jesus, my high priest. Jesus defeated death through his pains on the cross. My pains are united with his act of redemption on the cross.


 

We bring to the Mass our joy and sorrow and, as people of faith, come away changed and blessed with peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2