JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Psalm 16

"Protect me, O God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the Lord, 'You are my Lord, I have no other good apart from you." (Psalm 16: 1 – 2)

Psalm 16 is one of my favorite psalms. I love the themes which are so real life in their applications. Here are some of the themes of Psalm 16 that I love:

  • I have no other good apart from God. True or false? True.
  • From God alone comes the good things I enjoy in life.
  • You are my only good.
  • My happiness is in none of the sacred spirits of the earth.

What are the sacred spirits of the earth, these other gods?

  • Money
  • Health
  • Job
  • Family
  • Tools
  • Food

Those who place these gods above the Creator multiply their sorrows.

Accursed are all who delight in false gods, they multiply their sorrows.

The sacred spirits of the earth take advantage of all who love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2