JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, August 17, 2007

My Top 10 Spiritual Books

"Dear Theophilus:

In my first book, I wrote about all the things that Jesus did and taught from the time he began his work until the day he was taken up to heaven. (Acts 1:1-2)

God in His wisdom decided to put His words in a book. Throughout the centuries, God's book, the Bible has given birth to other scriptures or biblettes. Holy men and women who had fed and digested God's word had shared their personal reflections on this word with their fellow men. Some of these works have become classics. Below are 10 books in my reading list. O that I would be able to read all before I leave this earth!.

1. The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius

2. Mary of Nazareth by F. Suarez

3. Imitation of Christ by Thomas A Kempis

4. Francis De Sales : Introduction to the Devout Life

5. Confessions of St. Augustine

6. St Therese of Lisieux: The Story of a Soul

7. Blessed Josemaria Escriva: The Way

8. St Louis de Monfort: The Secret of the Rosary

9. St. Teresa of Avila: Interior Castle

10. St. John of the Cross: Dark Night of the Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2