JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, September 21, 2007

Teach me your law

“Turn my heart to do your will: teach me your law, O God.” (Psalm 119: 36, 29)

The Bible teaches us in so many places the excellence of the will of God. Jesus teaches us to pray:
“Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
Those who live by God’s will attest that in God’s will is all the peace, happiness and prosperity that we desire.

How does God teach us to do his will? He teaches us through his word. His word contains his revealed will. He also teaches us through the Church. Christ said to the apostles: ”Whoever listens to you listens to me. Whoever rejects you rejects me. And whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me.” (Luke 10: 16)
We can learn all the word of God that we want. Only the active presence of the Holy Spirit in us enables us to do God’s will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2