JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Fire and Water

“If you choose you can keep the commandments, they will save you; if you trust in God you too shall live; he has set before you fire and water to whichever you choose, stretch forth your hand. Before man are life and death, good and evil, whichever he chooses, shall be given him.” (Sirach 15: 15 – 17)

Scripture stresses again and again that it is good to keep God’s commandments. In the above scripture, keeping the commandment is described as both life and water. Water sustains life and no life can exist without water.
Father, train my heart to always keep your commandments.

God has set before me:
• Fire and water
• Life and death

Father, I choose water; I choose life. May your mercy be upon me to help me in the choice I have made. Open my eyes to the hope your call has for me. Keep me steady in your path. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2