JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Receive God's Word with joy

“Receive and submit to the word planted in you; it can save your souls.” (James 1: 21)

When was the first time God’s word was planted in me? The very first time was at my Baptism when I was only a few weeks old. But then, I was not conscious of God’s word till I became much older. But the very first time I knew the power of God’s word was in a crisis. It happened many years ago. I was in deep trouble with regard to my job. I faced imminent termination and consequent financial crisis. I opened the Bible I found beside the night table in my hotel room and it fell to Exodus 14: 13 – 14. This is the word of God that I heard that night:

“Do not be afraid! Stand firm, and you will see what Yahweh will do to rescue you today; the Egyptians you see today you will never see again. Yahweh will do the fighting for you; all you need to do is to keep calm.”

As I write these words again today, I feel the power once more. I have some issues at the moment that border me. God’s word above assures me again that all that I need to do is to believe and to keep calm. All will be well because God himself will fight for me. Thank you Jesus.

I receive God’s word with joy and I will do whatever he tells me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2