JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Renew me with a steadfast spirit

"A clean heart create for me, O God, and a steadfast sprit renew within me. Cast me not out from your presence, and your Holy Spirit take not from me." (Psalm 51: 12 – 13)

I confided this one liner to my diary in the Lent of 1999.

"My desire is that God will thoroughly renew me this Lent."

This is 2007. Have I been thoroughly renewed? Not as I had believed in February 1999. But I have become much wiser. The renewing and pruning process is ongoing. How does God do this for me? Through the 7-Way Plan which he gave me at the beginning of the Enterprise. The 7-Way Plan consists of the following elements:

  • Prayer
  • Word of God
  • Eucharist
  • Reconciliation
  • Examen
  • Spiritual Reading/Direction
  • Ministry

These are the pruning tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2