JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Remember God’s works

"Then calling to mind all the wonderful works of the Lord, he (Mordecai) offered this prayer …" (Esther 4: 17a)

I have found again and again from personal experience that calling to mind the wonderful works of God in my life produces immediate impact on faith, hope and love. In time of dire need and crisis, this therapy never fails. I also know that it works for others. I have used it successfully to alleviate mild depression in others.

Why is remembering God's wonderful works in our life so powerful in lifting us up from despondency? We know that what happened before can happen again. The fire of hope is lighted. And we feel gratitude and love for the one who relieved us in the past at the moment of dire need. We are emboldened to ask for help in the present crisis. God's standing promise can be claimed: "Call upon me at the time of need and I will answer you."

Satan being the father of lies and deception will give anything to cause us to forget God marvelous deeds in our life. I try to build up purposely a list of these wonderful works in my life. I printed the list and put it in a wall in my workstation and bedroom. As long as I am in my home, the devil has little chance of winning in this game. Whenever I am attacked by doubts, I don't have to think hard to remember. I glance at the wall and see the list. And then I give thanks and the discouragement vanishes. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2