JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, January 25, 2008

Remembering

"Bless the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits. He pardons all your iniquities; he heals all your ills. He redeems your life from destruction; he crowns you with kindness and compassion." (Psalm 103: 1-4)

Forgetfulness of God's benefits is a terrible state to be in. Forgetfulness of God's benefits exposes us to the risk of despair and hopelessness. A crisis overcame yesterday may come back tomorrow. If we do not remember how we overcame, how do we handle the new crisis? It is a good habit to write down the steps employed by technical support to solve a computer problem. Why? The same or similar problem may pop up before you know it.

I keep a journal and try to write down all God's blessings. The act of writing etches the event deep inside my memory. When a new crisis develops, I search inside my memory for clues on how similar situations were handled in the past. This has helped me to see a pattern of God's interventions.

"Bless the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits. He pardons all your iniquities; he heals all your ills. He redeems your life from destruction; he crowns you with kindness and compassion." (Psalm 103: 1-4)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2